They Don't Understand// BHM Poem

By Janeve - March 01, 2017

Hello Friends.
The month of February, as many of you know, is commemorative of Black History Month.

And yes I am completely aware that today is the March 1st. I think I put up something on Feb 28th last year as well! Excuse this being late.

Anyway, as I was waiting on inspiration for this poem to strike, I've been researching and reviewing but nothing stood out. I'm a part of my schools "Black History Month" club and we are currently at a drumming presentation and the presenter said something while he was speaking and it just hit me.

"...They don't understand." Something so simple yet meaningful.
Here is my poem, I hope you like and if you do, please share it!
And if you don't..... well....share it anyway! ;)






They don't understand the pain we felt.
How the chains whipped against us, how it gave our skin welts.

They don't understand working day by day.
Without any benefits, without any pay.

They don't understand the derogatory remarks we hear.
Because of our skin, that we have to bear.

They don't understand how we are built,
with resilience, determination,  and good will.

They don't understand the importance of our ancestors, and the road that they paved.
Standing up, breaking "rules" so that all races could integrate.

They don't understand how hard we fight for our success.
Striving for greatness, while overcoming great duress.



I hope you enjoyed this poem, and that you will share it with your friends and family using any of the buttons below!
And I realize that this is being posted on March 1st which isn't considered "Black History Month" necessarily but Black History should be celebrated 24/7.

PLEASE BE SURE TO LIKE THIS POST, AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE POEM!
Until next time,

COMMENT BELOW IDEAS FOR A POST YOU WOULD WANT TO SEE NEXT!

Remember to be humble & kind + love yourself!
Bye friends!
JXNEVE signing off xxx



 For any business inquiries please email me at jxnevebiz@gmail.com
Unless consent is given by I,  Janeve Edwards, this blog post, or ANYTHING from it is not permitted for any sort of use.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a Comment!